Neck pain can range from a simple kink in the neck to lack of mobility for the neck, back, spine of the entire body, because of the excruciating pain. When suffering from neck pain, it is important to find out the precise trigger. It could result from:
- Old Age: Certain degenerative disorders can cause neck pain and usually start during old age. They affect joint movement, compress nerves and reduce elasticity of inter-vertebral discs.
- Accidents and Injuries: Due to injuries to the neck’s supporting tissue, the muscles in the neck will respond by contracting causing them to tire and ultimately causing immense pain.
- Regular Habits: Slouching isn’t just bad for your back, it also amounts to neck pain. Obesity, stress and weak abdominal muscles can also cause the same effects.
Chiropractic Adjustments for the Neck
Once the cause is determined by the Sugar Land neck pain treatment experts such as Total Chiropractic and Wellness Center, the healing process will commence. A neck pain doctor or chiropractor will most probably adjust the spine and joints to facilitate improved mobility and reduce pain. For the neck the most commonly use techniques are:
- Cervical Drop: Downward pressure is applied to the region causing pain while the patient lies prone or on his side on top of a special table with a head drop-piece, set at an angle to help with the maneuver. This adjustment facilitates alignment of the spine in such a manner that if increase the mobility of a stiff neck.
- Cervical Mobilization: With the patient lying on his back the chiropractor moves the vertebrae in the neck through side to side, backward and forward motions and oscillatory movements of the neck, to ease it into moving freely.
- Cervical Manual Traction: This technique can be done simultaneously with the previous one to efficiently ease up the tightness in the neck and correct its angle. While sitting or lying on your back the chiropractor will gently tug on the neck and stretch the cervical spine by changing the angle through forward and backward motions.
People usually have to travel far and wide to find good chiropractic services. Luckily Total Chiropractic and Wellness Center, the neck pain specialist, is readily available to offer its superior and reliable chiropractor care right here in Sugar Land.